Monday 31 March 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 - March


Uh Oh - scraping in under the wire with this one methinks!

This month Tim has demonstrated two different stamping techniques on his tag, the first being "smudge" stamping (where you deliberately smudge your still wet inked image to give a blurred vintage effect) and the second, using the smudge technique on second generation stamping (re-using your stamp after making the initial impression without re-inking your stamp, to give a softer less intense image - great for backgrounds).

You can see Tim's original Tag here.

Once again I was sans stash for this project but when I saw the freebie stamps that came with this month's Creative Stamping magazine, I couldn't 1.) resist and 2.) NOT use them for this project!

So here is my take on Tim's March Tag...


You see what I mean about the freebie stamps?



I haven't added any dimensional embellishments to my second generation tag as I plan to use it in a journal spread and want to keep it flat on the page.


My smudging didn't work particularly well, you can see it best on the tiny butterfly just above the reef knot.

The next two shots are just to illustrate the difference between first impression and second generation stamped images.




Tim's stamp set has a plain egg shape for the background and a second speckled stamp for the detail - mine didn't, but my index and little finger ends were the perfect size and shape!

Sorry I couldn't take any more shots, my camera batteries ran out :0(

Well that's it from me, off to post my link - I think I've still got time...

4 comments:

  1. I've been watching for your March tag - so glad you made it! What lovely little rubber stamps and what a great idea to use your finger print for the egg. Birds and eggs and nests are my favorite! Have a lovely spring day. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your versions of Tim's tags Maisie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Hope the ink comes off your finger !!!!
    Missed your blogging although I gather you were felting. X X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your happy thoughts. Maisie Moonshine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...