Saturday 1 June 2013

F is for ....Fenetre

Good morning and welcome

It is a beautiful morning here in my little part of Staffordshire and I hope the weather is fine wherever you are today.

It is half term here at the moment and I have been spending some of my not-on-the-school-run time catching up on some crafting projects (and laundry, and cleaning and gardening...and quite a bit of reading...) So - a whole week ahead of the deadline I am posting my entry for The Craft Barn's latest Dictionary Challenge. This week's letter is F but with the added twist that the word must fall between Fe and Fr, so (as my dictionary is a French/English dictionary) I have chosen fenetre meaning window.

A fun little piece this time around, but sticking to my basic colour palette...





Some details...


The wall effect was created by pressing modelling paste through a That Special Touch Stone Wall mask and additional texture added by stamping in to the still wet paste with a Paper Artsy Minis (Ink and the Dog) number stamp MN23 (I used this same technique here - I really like the effect). I masked off the area for the window with a Post-it note which I removed before the texture paste dried. Having left the page over night to dry thoroughly I lightly inked over the bricks using a blending tool and Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge DIs.



The window (Cottage Window) is from Stampin' Up, stamped on to smooth white cardstock and coloured with Copics. I couldn't resist adding the little spider hanging under the sill.

 

The roses are quilled paper roses - (blimey it's been a while since I've done any of that I can tell you!) but I think they add the perfect touch of colour and whimsy to the piece.

Well that's all from me - think of me today as we Moonshine's will be "working on the chain gang" moving a ton and a half of granite setts from the drive to the back garden - hmmm can't wait!


20 comments:

  1. Maisie your page is fantastic as usual. Love all the detail, spider and lace and the roses are excellent - quilled you say - gosh they look like more has been done to them other than just rolling up paper strips? Excellent BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you have done here Maisie. That brick texture/colouring make all the difference to your page. Have you seen the latest challenge at Frilly and Funkie? Just a thought. Have a great, sunny weekend. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really clever! Love it, colours are just lush and I love the quilled roses, just the right finishing touch. xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS! Your pages are wonderful!! Maisie I love peeking through your window and spying the bird cage - the lace curtains are wonderful and what a great touch of whimsy to add that spider. How did you ever learn to do all this!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pages are always such a delight! So cleverly done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pages are always such a delight! So cleverly done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tremendulent!!!


    ReplyDelete
  8. Another amazing page.Love the details of the bird cage and spider.You are achieving stunning pages with your colour palette.Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning, Maisie,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous page, love the lace at the window and the flowers growing round

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful design Maisie - I love the flowers and leaves. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. So wonderful, fabulous details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely a French Window, I love it, especially the spider.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your roses and I adore the spider. It's all so detailed and pretty, a joy to behold! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is more than lovely - this truly is beautiful!!! LOVE this little window with curtains and all... VEry well done! xxx Lena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooohh what a fablouos pages, iam so facinaded what you used for pages,all is wonderful and great details,iam find your blog now and iam join your new follower.

    Greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet page...love your choice of word...with such wonderful and beautiful details..love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic page, love the textured wall and very detailed view through the window, the roses are fabulous.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great word choice, we love the fact that there is so much to see from the window, and the illusion that if you just crane your head a little more into your book you'll see the rest

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really gorgeous! Great interpretation
    Thank you for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your happy thoughts. Maisie Moonshine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...