Tuesday 7 April 2009

A FINISH!

Woo hoo - at last I've done some scrapping. It's been a creative desert here since I finished The BGF's mini book. I haven't started any new layouts recently, I will admit I've had this one on my pile of almost but not quite finished layouts (LO) for many moons but it is now complete and destined for the album.

The title is "M- on Love" and the journaling reads "I love you more than anyone could ever love anyone... I store it in my cheeks".



Sorry about the obscuring - can't think of a better way without making M- look V FREAKY

Moonshine Minor comes out with some wonderful off-the-wall statements and I had to scrap this one to preserve the memory, I will always look back on it and smile. The topic also gave me the perfect opportunity to do a loved-up LO, something for which, living at Testosterone Towers, I can't see many opportunities. I didn't want to make it too girlie but I think using one of Basic Grey's Blush papers as the background, and using both pink and brown embellishments gives it something of a masculine feel. You probably can't tell too well in the photo but I've used some of my deconstructed artificial blooms to make the main embellishment, bottom right.

The pink swirls and scalloped shapes were cut using my Craft Robo (I luuurve my Craft Robo prrr prrr - thanks Mum & Dad - BRILLIANT prezzie!) The swirls are courtesy of Mary Powell at Mamawslegacy and come as a set of 5 different resizeable swirls in GSD format - fab!

In true scrapper fashion, and 'cause I'm a helpful kind of a gal here is the inevitable list of

Supplies

Patterned paper Basic Grey - Blush range Girlfriend & crush, Two Scoops range Cupid's Arrow

Cardstock Core'Dinations

Chipboard Letters Basic Grey (Un-dressed) - Bon Bon

Letter stickers Making Memories - tiny alphas - brown ledger & mixed ledger, Mini Shimmer Alpha - Pink Metro

Flourishes Funky foam die cut with Sizzix Sidekick and Sizzlits Decorative Accents die

Brads PaperMania

Rub-Ons Basic Grey - Wholy Cow (white); (Trimcraft) Laura Ashley Velvets - Connemara Filigree

Blooms deconstructed from artificial flowers

Inks Ink It Up(Chocolate brown); ColorBox fluid chalk Cats Eyes (Maroon)

Pens Whispers; Inkssentials (opaque white)

Wooden Heart, ribbon, sticker, metal flourish from stash

Distressing tools Basic Grey precision file set

I seem to have London Bus Blogging Syndrome - no Blog for ages and then (you guessed it) two come along at once! Got to go now but I do hope you like the layout.

TOP TIP Invest in a pair of cotton gloves (I bought mine from Boots) to save leaving unsightly fingerprints when handling your photos.


3 comments:

  1. Love the layout and M-'s dimples. i bet he's a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you obviously have the ironing pile out of the way (lol) and have found time to create such a lovely page. The swirls from your craft robo fit the lay out really well.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colours you've chosen. The young man looks a cool guy- plenty broken hearts in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your happy thoughts. Maisie Moonshine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...