Wednesday 4 March 2009

CUT TO THE CHASE


So here it is (at last you say) the first photo. This is my second ever layout and as the title suggests is me aged three - see I told you I was cute once - I think I had another 2 years and then it all went pear shaped (probably literally).

This layout is scraplifted from Sandie Vincent's Garden Girl (Scrapbook Inspirations, Issue 42, July 2008. pg 49). The orientation has been changed to suit my photo, a scanned and re-sized copy of the original, which is kept safe in a vellum envelope tucked away behind the journaling - you can see the rik-rak pull tab poking out on the left. Obviously the colours have been chosen to complement those on my dress but apart from that and a few less embellishments (I'm still not comfortable with shouts) it is pretty much like the original.

I'm really chuffed with this layout. I thoroughly enjoyed putting it together, learning new skills and trying out new techniques. Scraplifting someone else's design is a great way to start if you're a novice and provides loads of inspiration as you become more experienced but haven't got the confidence or creativity to design your own layout.

Supplies

Cardstock PaperMania (River Deep Collection) and from stash
Patterned Paper PaperMania Colossal Pack
Lettering Funky foam die cut with Sizzix Sidekick and Cuttlekids Princess Dies
Flowers Prima (Crazy Daisy, Kayla) and hand punched
Punches Medium flower & petals - X-Cut; small flower - Partners
Metal Tag PaperMania
Stamps Flower - Partners; Bracket - Punctuation by Kelly Panacci for Sandylion; Journaling block - Memo by Kelly Panacci for Sandylion; @ - Studio G
Ink Ink it up
Pens Whispers
Brads, Rik Rak From stash
Bling Lakeland

I think paper piecing is probably my favourite technique for building up layers and adding interest and with so many yummy papers to choose from how can it not be good?

Anyway I can't stay here all day blogging - I'm on a mission to find some blue and white striped pyjamas for Moonshine Minor to wear for school tomorrow (World Book Day). He wants to go as Grandpa George from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory so hey-ho it's off to the shops I go. Life's hard but I mustn't weaken!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your happy thoughts. Maisie Moonshine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...